Tell me more
WHY JOIN Intellectualz.com
- India’s No. 1 IP job portal
- Apply to jobs for free
- Profile mapped with industry requirements
- Best Fit – industry, location & compensation
- Access to more than 250 employers
- Instant SMS alert for relevant new job posting
Job interviewing never got any easier - even when you have attended more interviews than you can count. You are meeting new people, selling yourself and your skills but still not able to strike through the right opportunity.
Here are job interview tips to help you prepare to get interviewed effectively. Proper preparation which helps alleviate some of the stress involved in job interviews and the more you prepare, the more comfortable you will be during the interview.
Here are some of the tips to clear the interview:
- Think of actual examples you can use to describe your skills. Providing evidence of your successes is a great way to promote your candidacy.
- Always have a list of your own questions to ask the employer ready.
- What do you know about the company?
- Keep interviewer's name handy and use it during the job interview.
- Make sure your interview attire is neat, tidy and appropriate for the type of firm you are interviewing with.
- Bring a few copies of your resume including a pen and paper for note taking.
- Be on time for the interview. On time means five to ten minutes early. Do speak with the interviewer if possible and ask for the driving directions.
- During the job interview try to relax and stay as calm as possible. Take a moment to reorganize.
- Maintain eye contact with the interviewer.
- Listen to the entire question before you answer and pay attention - you will be embarrassed if you forget the question!
- Try to relate what you know about the company when answering questions.
- When discussing your expertise/career accomplishments match them to what the company is looking for.